Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for radio controlled 1/8th scale offroad nitro enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
********FRIDAY SESSIONS resume every 3 - 6pm******** *** Transponders Now available at Speedhobbies at 250AED only. . .for track location click here
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» places to bash in january
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mister-E Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:39 am

» July Amain order
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

» Mga Adik!!!!
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 pm

» Newbie in Dubai
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby richie Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm

» Track moist
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby richie Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 pm

» JQ white edition
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby allanelciario Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 pm

» assembling MBX 6TR
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm

» Making your own nitro fuel
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Dr Dubai Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 pm

» Just Registered
Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby mike.lazaro Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Supertrack Sessions

Go down 
+6
patson
Brushless Power
allanelciario
nitrorig
Dr Dubai
richie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
UAEFOX

Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks for the tips guys, I've seen that jig a loo stuff before there, never seen simple green where can I find that?

Nitro rig I guess you remind me of my brother, he just plays and when done throws his car in the laundry room for the next time....it works for a while but then disaster struck, bearings froze, motor overheated, magnets on rotor exploded, bearings in diff housing melted plastic and failed, pinion and ring gear kaput, all in one go Smile....it ran fine until that point Wink and it wasn't a cheap fix.

I'd recommend WD40 all bearings as well as cleaning your filter:) Hope to meet you soon.

And Joe if you do have any spare transponders left to sell please save me one, or two, Thanks
Back to top Go down
UAEFOX

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 am

Anish, I've only been twice now have come straight after Friday prayer, but seems most people show up a little before 3. Last week we had a water tanker show up, so we spent about an hour prepping the track before we used it till the sun went down.
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 am

Bearings, now there's a subject ,I'll let Joe tell you all about them... Mad

A little known fact is I do clean it,but not to the extent of some,compressed air of the home type followed by a Teflon based aerosol (because its a dry lubricant) on the bearings etc....
I also run the drive shafts open and dry as any grease in there will soon act
Like a grinding paste with our environment

Jiga loo is available in carfour and hyper pander as well and I'd recommend that over wd40 as it doesn't leave a oily film which will attract the dirt next out which wd40 will..

Simple green (google it) is a USA cleaning product, it is available in the UAE but in fairly large quantities only..

Fingers crossed I'll be there this Friday.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Where can you get Teflon/dry lube around these parts Rob?

Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Dr Dubai wrote:
Where can you get Teflon/dry lube around these parts Rob?

Knew you'd ask,,,,,,a previous employer What a Face
However the jigaloo has a similar property I think,been so long can't remember now..
I will look into it when I get back Wednesday. Yeah cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm

http://www.jigaloo.com/us/e_products_graphite-extreme.php

This looks like it would be a good product for us!
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 am

and this is how i roll with my baby. . . .

Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 Null_zps0bfd325b

and when she finishes taking a bath, i tuck her in bed. Laughing Laughing
she'll be ready for the next friday

Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 Null_zps333949c7

and she'll be good as new always. . . Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://dirtdubai.forumarabia.com
UAEFOX

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:17 am

Richie, if that's not love I don't know what is Smile you remove your engine n tank every time?

Thanks for the heads up on the WD40 guys, I think I'll be at speedex tomorrow morning Smile get me some jigaloo stuff to spray out the wd40 from my bearings and drive joints.

I put some road rage tires on my Losi tonight (don't want to spend any more time cleaning it this week :p ) probably hit up a parking lot to try to better tune my engine as she's running to rich on the low end I think, not giving me enough umff to make the ramp after the tight turn, have her ready for this Friday inshallah.

Joe please don't forget the transponders if you have them. thanks

Back to top Go down
anish4rccars

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:35 pm

RIchie you do take a lot of effort in cleaning your baby... nicee.

Will need to learn from you.

I used to spray the sand of with compressed air that you would find in petrol bunks and then spray WD 40 all over leave it for a couple of hours and then use kerosene to clean it up completely after which I just run to the bunk and have another round of compressed air session and it becomes clean.

Not sure what I do is right but its quite effective ,any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm

now that's love. . . . . Laughing

@UAEfox: yup i take off the engine and fuel tank everytime i clean, it doesn't need a lot of effort taking it off, and it makes her a lot cleaner. . . and i have a 2-piece, quick change engine mount so i don't need to mesh the spur and pinion everytime i take off and put on the engine. . . .

feels good to see your baby clean as new. . . . . and ready to get dirty again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://dirtdubai.forumarabia.com
UAEFOX

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Hey Guys,
 Unfortunately Im gonna be missing this weekend's fun run as well Sad heading off to AD. I hope you guys have a good one. Im interested to know about the weather situation, and if you are considering early morning sessions or not.
Also how is the track holding up? Im sure we've had the rest of the boulders  and debris removed by now after a few weeks of use, during the A-Main I was pulling out massive rocks and concrete debris while marshaling. I guess another lesson learned that we need to make sure the sand is clean before we apply it to the track.
Hope to see you guys next weekend. Have fun
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Well the sun is hot- but you knew that anyway..
The track is bad,4 or 5 of us pulled even more rubbish,rocks,boulders,bricks and a lot else, last week,it seems to just keep coming and there seems no end to it.....
Back to top Go down
UAEFOX

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:08 am

So what time we going out to play this coming Friday the 28th?
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:25 am

Well I for one would prefer a early start now we are in the hot season like we used to do at NAS...
But as only a few guys came the last few weeks the last thing to do is split things up. 
I guess schools have broken up now for the summer so guys that are left behind have the freedom whilst many others will be away on holidays. 
Maybe we should have a vote
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supertrack Sessions   Supertrack Sessions - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supertrack Sessions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3