Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for radio controlled 1/8th scale offroad nitro enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
********FRIDAY SESSIONS resume every 3 - 6pm******** *** Transponders Now available at Speedhobbies at 250AED only. . .for track location click here
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» places to bash in january
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby Mister-E Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:39 am

» July Amain order
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

» Mga Adik!!!!
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 pm

» Newbie in Dubai
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby richie Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm

» Track moist
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby richie Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 pm

» JQ white edition
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby allanelciario Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 pm

» assembling MBX 6TR
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm

» Making your own nitro fuel
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby Dr Dubai Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 pm

» Just Registered
 How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeby mike.lazaro Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

How does it work? and how do we work it out?

Go down 
+3
laks
pLaylife
richie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
richie
Admin

How does it work? and how do we work it out? Empty
PostSubject: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

i''ve studied how the scoring was made with the DCD, and got inputs from Qatar guys,
who have been into racing a lot more than we have, and also have an IR system for lap counting

We need to have some sort of rules and regulations pertaining to the race,
and we need to explain to each racer how the system comes up with winners.

So i'm going to try to explain it. . . you may add your comments as we go along this thread

Race Rule System
After a race, the system prioritizes on the most number of laps primarily, but then if all racersor most racers have the same number of laps, the system gets the Total time for each racer to have finished all laps. and the racer who has the least time gets to be on the top line above all the racers with the same number of laps. .

Qualifying: Before a final race, there needs to be at least 3 races for pole positioning, we couldn't d0 3 races aswe were running out of time because of the track fixing. we did 1, which is good enough, but it would be ideal to have 3 races for positioning.. . same race ruling system will apply for qualifying and main race.. . .

Fastest lap - a lot of the guys where complaining that they had a faster lap than the guy above them, fastest lap only counts if we have an award for the racer who will have the fastest lap. and as i've said on top, the race result does not depend on a racers fastest lap.

And also for the lap counting system, it has been noticed that some laps were not counted, i've discussed this with the Qatar guys, as they also have an IR system like ours, unfortunately they also have this issue. . . as we only have an IR system. . .

but best we could do i think is:
- before every race, there should be transponder testing. . . it may be a tideous job, but i think that's the best solution i can think of , and if you still don't get counted, well we have to face it. . .

there where suggestions made like aside from the DCD counting, we also do a manual counting, but i think that's defeats the purpose of the timing system, and is a very tideous job.

Another suggestion would be, we need to have a speaker system, so at least we hear if our lap hasn't been counted, and we can turn our car back to the lap counter so it can count it. . . thats a very complicated way to do it, but it's better
than your lap not being counted.

or is there any other way you can think of. . . please feel free to comment on this. . . .

Last edited by richie on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dirtdubai.forumarabia.com
pLaylife

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 am

If a lap is not counted then we can just add it to the total lap counted at the end of the race... So its important to have a speaker and a person double checking if the lap is counted every time a car passes the sensor.
Back to top Go down
laks

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 pm

In addition, we have to determine the right positions of our marshalls and we need to assign at least 2 pit man to assist. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:10 pm

We need a dedicated timer,counter and computers operator then...
Trust me I found that out the hard way on Friday........
While it was fun there is no way I could have raced and done all the above on my own..
Not looking for any heros medals but it does take up time.

Another note,if we are to run 3 qualifying heats plus a final ( 2 for the buggies)
The starting at 1300 just isn't going to work,
We have to be there earlier and so does the water,plus time for track maintenance ..

Plus we need time for dinner from boot of the car
Many thanks for that,a very welcome surprise lol!
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 pm

here's what we can do though. we can do 2 fridays, 1 friday for qualifyings. and 1 friday for final if time and daylight permits us. . . or 1 friday for 2 qualifyings, and 1 friday for 1 more qualifying and finals.
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 pm

We also need consensus on qualifying and final race length times,,,,

Richie,there would be time but we need to be READY TO START AT 1300,,,,

As I keep saying,MORE guys need turn up earlier for track Maint,chit chat ,tuning etc.
If you roll up at 1300 to shovel sand etc then it won't work on a race day as we saw
bashing days yes but not race days

Maybe we should have a incentive to those that do track work,
They get 2 extra laps Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Rob I think you can set lap correction in the software to account for missed laps
Back to top Go down
Brushless Power

Brushless Power

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Rob, did we have that turned on? I think we need to do more reading on the software? I'm trying to download the user manual but I can't find it online. Anyone has it?
Back to top Go down
patson

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm

can we start all the cars before the lap counter?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:42 pm

I have a copy joe what's ur email add?
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:46 pm

hey dave, send me a copy as well. . . . chardimms@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:45 pm

and one more thing on races. . . i think we should limit the race to 5 cars max.
we don't wanna end up looking like this:

How does it work? and how do we work it out? 4FAB3753-1334-4711-8F9A-609655EF3636-28873-00001ED35EC720F0_zpsc2c3ecbe

this is so funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:48 pm

That's cozy lol
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Brushless Power wrote:
Rob, did we have that turned on? I think we need to do more reading on the software? I'm trying to download the user manual but I can't find it online. Anyone has it?

Yes it is turned on by default but the user has to set the settings...
I had it at 36 sec nominal lap with a correction of 50%....
As I was watching it did add 2 sometimes to people's lap times when I noted that
They had a missed lap but not others.....

Maybe we need to adjust that setting a bit....
In particular Joe u seemed to miss the most on your buggie I think
So we may need to look at your transponder angle,either that or there is a
Anti lipo setting I can't find Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm

or you could just slow down a little bit joe Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:48 pm

It's that or we have make a slow straight part for counting purposes

Rob have u spoke to Dcd about the fact if u aren't dead straight on to the receiver it missed?
Back to top Go down
Brushless Power

Brushless Power

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Got the software manual from Dave and I've went through it. I have some point from my end:

- We need to experiment and test the "Dual Track Correction" next time and see if it works well when someone misses a count.

- We also need to set the Min lap time and Max so it can recognize driver mistakes

- We need to start as close to the LapR as possible. What is happening now is we are fighting for the 1st position without even starting the 1st lap Smile. When we limit the race to 5, we can start from the small stretch where the LapR is. It's a suggestion.

- Being the only electric on the race (and there are no chances of me getting a nitro Cool ), I would suggest limiting the race timings to 12min (max). We can still have a great race with 12 min and I can pit-stop like anyone else.

Finally, Richie can you please compile all the comments we have here please. Some are really valid and crucial.
Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 pm

noted. . . . we might need more inputs. . . i'll give it another day or two for more suggestions

as for 12 mins. . . i don't know. . . yeah maybe if it's a mix (electric/nitro)
but if there are at least 5 electrics then we will divide the classes

so we can have more minutes for nitro

Back to top Go down
richie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 pm

and another suggestion would be. . . . . one class per week. . . buggy or truggy. .

so we'll clean only one car per week. . . . Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Not a bad suggestion rich, keeps it simple I guess
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:58 pm

I don't think I'll have that problem then Laughing
Back to top Go down
patson

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

if we will have 1 class per week, then maybe some guys who has only 1 buggy or truggy may not go to the track as they dont have anything to play or race....
Back to top Go down
laks

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 pm

First thing to do upon reaching the track, we should repair the track before our riggs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does it work? and how do we work it out?    How does it work? and how do we work it out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does it work? and how do we work it out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL FORUM :: All About 1/8th Scale Buggies-
Jump to: