Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for radio controlled 1/8th scale offroad nitro enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
********FRIDAY SESSIONS resume every 3 - 6pm******** *** Transponders Now available at Speedhobbies at 250AED only. . .for track location click here
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» places to bash in january
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby Mister-E Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:39 am

» July Amain order
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

» Mga Adik!!!!
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 pm

» Newbie in Dubai
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby richie Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm

» Track moist
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby richie Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 pm

» JQ white edition
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby allanelciario Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 pm

» assembling MBX 6TR
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby nitrorig Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm

» Making your own nitro fuel
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby Dr Dubai Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 pm

» Just Registered
Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeby mike.lazaro Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mozzy

Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. Empty
PostSubject: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:34 pm

hey guys! i just saw the dx3s with telemetry n 2 rx, for 750 dhs, any suggesstions on it? is it worth buying it? any major glitches in its performance that you guys have faced? read forums of people who have had issues with range with telemetry on it...let me knw what you guys think, will buy it on thursday if i get positive feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:38 pm

also feel free to give any alternatives to the dx3s, i dont mind going a low or high on budget without telemetry, just need a solid sturdy piece of rc which i can use with multiple rx easily and dont have to bind again n again (basically model memory
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:36 am

I bought a DX3C, I just didn't see the need for the telemetry and I preferred the feel of it in my hand.

I think the ergonomics/feel of it and if it suits you are just as important as the features
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:01 am

Word of warning if your buying it from Dragonmart...........don't .
You won't be able to buy any more RX for it as it will be a odd asian market 2.4g system and doesn't match.
What the rest of the world uses....be there done that.

That said I have always used the spectrum radios and RX (the cheapest one) and never had a problem with them,I don't use the telemetry ones because I need to look at the car and where it's going,not at the TX to see all those fancy numbers,but others will of course say its invaluable..
Back to top Go down
mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:33 am

Im getting the spektrum deal at ultimate hobby Very Happy also this is the version that supports dsm2 rx. Not the one that only supports dsm (makes a difference coz the dsm2 rx are faster and have better range)

Thanks guys for the input Very Happy The thing is tht telemetry is my last priority, I want something that can adjust my steering end points (not expo rate), which is very helpful to avoid busting the servo. Ive seen titanium servos blowing up due to over stressing the end points of the servo. So even if there is another radio set out there giving similar features gor similar price then I dont mind trying that out.

Also im investing in a servo, probably a 7955tg hitec. Any inputs on that? Any alternatives to it?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:43 am

Stick with the spektrum, I got mine from heli as well because I wanted to go and look at it/ hold it before I bought

If you're not worried about the telemetry go for the dx3c

Still has all the features, 10 model memory, expo etc. (which I use on the throttle only, and does give better control)

Spend the difference on servo's!

Hitec always get great reviews, as do savox, is it for steering or throttle or both?

I'm running HV radiopost (throttle) and Savox (steering) on my Durango Truggy and hitec and savox on my buggy

The radio post servo is really good, fast, powerful and quiet but it was $120

Back to top Go down
mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:50 am

I will surely look into the dx3c. Im rinning an electric buggy so hitec 7955tg is gona be for steering definitely.
Back to top Go down
mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:53 am

The issue with savox is that its not available here, also will need a bec for the hv whereas the 7955 isnt a hv, yet ir gives a good 21kg at 6v and 0.15 speed, not so fast but good enough for our track...the 7950hv is available for 595 which is much faster than 7955 which is for 440 dhs....decisions decisions...
Back to top Go down
nitrorig

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:06 am

Even the cheapest spectrum RX ( SR300) runs up 9volts I think,
Most ( but not all) heavy duty,all metal geared high speed servos will also run up to that voltage.
The more voltage,the faster and more torque can be generated if that's what you want..
Our only problem is the transponders which take no more than 6 volts if you run a lipo RX battery pack , nmhd or nicads are ok.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm

I hear you on the availability, it's a problem, and is why we have to go to amain etc. for all sorts of things

What we should do is talk to Hussain and tell him what we are having to source overseas and ask him to talk to these manufacturers and maybe if the deal is right for him he could carry some stock on some items.

Tyres and bodies is another thing, I don't think anybody here is stocking pro line tyres or bodies (or AKA tyres for that matter)

Back to top Go down
mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Aka tyres are the best tires ive used till now, the closed cell insert foams are amazing, even the prolines fall short to perform so well. i agree on talking to mr hussein about stocking such items.

and also i bought off a dx3s off a friend, got a good deal on it. tested it out last night and damn my servo seems to have more life in it now. i was using a traxxas tqi system earlier and i suppose the max limit to it is 6v, and my servo (powerhd titanium geared - cheap one but fast n heavy) is rated 6v so it might be pulling a little more than that, seems like my servo centers spot on, its a tad bit faster, noticeable only if i flip it crazy fast compared to the tqi system. Also was able to set the end points on my servo (really happy about that Very Happy) the only thing i yet have to test is the range. have heard the range is very less compared to any system on the planet, will know once my packs are charged in another hour Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UAEFOX

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 3:21 am

I think i have seen Savox servos at Hobby Land, at least thats what i think its called. The one behind Deira city center, next to the Lamborghini showroom.

Aeon Hobbies, the one next to Yellow hat at the Nad Al Hammr petrol station have AKA tires, I got 2 pairs of city blocks there, they had a lot of buggy wheels n tyres too.

I have a range issue on the DXS2, it's fine on the track, but on an open road, I noticed it was falling way short of what my tqi could do. I did re route the antenna now, But haven't tested it since, but other than that I love it.
Back to top Go down
mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:54 am

yeah the tqi system has an insane range, i yet havent been able to go out of range with it, but with my dx3s i can hit the range limit before it is even halfway through my sight limit.

An update, bought a servo - mks hv767 - titanium geared coreless [25kg/347.2 oz/in 0.145 seconds @ 6.0 | 31kg/430.5 oz/in 0.118 seconds @ 7.4 volts] and a castle Bec pro which is rated for 12s (bought it as a long term use). servo cost me 290 dhs - discount due to last piece [original price 345]. it was glitching crazily on the mamba internal bec but once i hooked it up to the external bec, its crazy fast and super heavy, turns my tires even when its on carpet Very Happy cant wait to test it out! also was a pain accommodating the huge bec on the tiny buggy. eventually got there Very Happy

now as rob suggested that at 7.4v it would fry the transponder i'll be reducing the bec to 6v at race day Sad or hook up a mini homemade regulator circuit of some sort to avoid any surges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.   Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying a DX3S - need your opinion guys.
Page 1 of 1